When you install a second SQL Reporting Services instance, it will place the databases in the default SQL instance by default. This happens even if both SQL instances are named instances. To place the second SQL Reporting Services databases in the correct SQL instance, you must do the following. [more]
- Open SQL Reporting Services Configuration Manager
- Select the Report Server you want to manage
- Click the Databases tab > Change Database
- Choose Create a new report server database
- Enter the server name and SQL instance where you want the SQL Reporting Services databases installed
- Take the defaults through the rest of the install and enter credentials as needed
- Install your application and point it to the second SQL instance where you just setup the new SQL Reporting Services instance.