Network Assessment Services
A CoNetrix Information Systems Network Assessment will help you identify network vulnerabilities so you know where
to focus your attention.
Who needs this service?
A Network Assessment is best for any company or financial institution that stores sensitive information, has
recently made infrastructure changes, or is preparing for an examination.
The Network Assessment is a subset of the IT/GLBA Audit & Assessment. Please consult with your account
representative for a solution that meets the needs of your company.
Scope of work
A CoNetrix Network Assessment includes an onsite IT audit with analysis and review of the following:
- Physical security considerations
- Server configurations and patch levels
- File and printer sharing and access controls
- Network user accounts
- Dormant user accounts
- Password vulnerabilities
- Network connections, capacity, and accessibility
- Remote access
- E-mail infrastructure
- Antivirus implementation
- Network security monitoring
- Internet controls and monitoring
- Modem use
- Data backup
- UPS use and capacities
- Internet exposure
- Mobile devices (laptops, PDA's, USB devices, etc.)
- Wireless security verification
- Router/firewall configuration assessment
- VMware virtual server infrastructure configuration (VMware / Microsoft Hyper-V)
Knowledge and Expertise:
- CoNetrix has conducted more than 600 different IT related audit engagements since 2001.
- The CoNetrix staff has more than 500 years of accumulated information technology, network, and security experience.
- CoNetrix's security experts hold numerous security certifications, such as CISSP, SSCP, CISM, CISA, and other Microsoft and Cisco security specializations.
- CoNetrix maintains a staff of multiple network engineers.
The CoNetrix Difference:
- CoNetrix provides easy-to-read reports with findings sorted by associated risk and estimated cost.
- Reports include regulatory reference, remediation recommendations, and a detailed review with a CoNetrix security expert.
Access to the Tandem Audit Lite software, a finding and response
manager, is included. Audit Lite is a version of the Tandem Audit
software limited to tracking CoNetrix security engagements.
Our comprehensive work program is built upon:
- CoNetrix audit experience
- FFIEC Information Technology Examination Booklets
- Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act Standards for Safeguarding Customer Information
- Information Systems Audit and Control Association (ISACA) guidelines