Internet Banking Cybersecurity Program
On June 28, 2011, the FFIEC issued a supplement to the Authentication in an Internet Banking Environment
guidance released in October 2005. The purpose of the supplement is to reinforce the guidance's risk-management
framework and update the FDIC, OCC, NCUA, and FRB’s (collectively, the Agencies’) expectations
regarding customer authentication, layered security, or other controls in the increasingly hostile online banking environment.
CoNetrix has developed an online software to help financial institutions (i.e., banks, credit unions, savings
associations, etc.) go through the risk assessment process and provide customer awareness and education. The
Tandem Internet Banking Security Program is a stand-alone software
module integrated with the Tandem Security & Compliance
The program is divided into two components:
The Internet Banking Risk Assessment features an easy process with a questionnaire to identify
risk levels and help you assign layered controls to mitigate related Internet banking and cybersecurity risk. Your
risk assessment is customizable based on your financial institution's unique situation.
The Customer Education/Awareness Program will provide your financial institution with the tools
to deliver education and security awareness to your customers.
In addition, the Tandem Internet Banking Security software will provide you with account takeover (ATO/CATO)
template documents to assist in your annual reporting to the board and documenting of incident response procedures.
The CoNetrix Tandem Internet Banking Security Program software is feature-rich, including:
- An online framework created and updated by security and compliance experts
- Downloadable documents in Microsoft Word and/or Adobe PDF formats
- New features and updates are automatically included with your annual subscription
- Free training workshops to help familiarize you with the software
- Integration with other CoNetrix online software
- Anywhere/anytime Internet access through a secure, online portal
- Multi-factor authentication (optional)
- Single Sign On (SSO) integration using SAML 2.0
- Multi-user access
- No software installation or equipment costs
The ability to manage several companies’ Risk Assessments and Training with one login (requires a subscription for