Here is how you can remove a corrupted message from a user’s mailbox using Microsoft Exchange Server MAPI Editor (MfcMapi): [more]
- Obtain MFCMapi from Microsoft’s website.
- Run the downloaded file and extract the files to an appropriate location.
- Run MFCMapi.exe
- Click Session -> Logon and Display Store Table.
- Select the appropriate profile (usually “Outlook”) and click OK.
- Select MDB -> Get Mailbox Table…
- Type the appropriate server name for the exchange server and click OK.
- Double click on the mailbox you’d like to manage.
- Expand the Root Container -> Top of Information Store
- Double click the mailbox folder where the corrupted message is contained.
- Find the corrupted message in the list.
- Right click the message -> Delete Message
- Choose Permanent delete passing DELETE_HARD_DELETE (unrecoverable) as Deletion Style and click OK.