- From the Start menu, select Programs, Administrative Tools, then Computer Management to start the Computer Management snap-in.
- Right-click the root of the tree (Computer Management), and select Properties from the context menu.
- Select the Advanced tab.
- Click the Startup and Recovery button.
- Click the Shut Down button. (Don't worry. You won’t shut anything down at this point.)
- From the dialog box, you can select to shut down, reboot, log off, or power down (if supported). You can also choose how to handle hung applications.
- Make your selections, and click OK.
If you select Log off Current User from a terminal services session, the application logs off the user at the console, not your session, so choose this option with care.