When I logged onto a customer’s terminal server/dc, the c: was completely out of space.  I loaded Space Monger and saw that most of the files taking up room were in c:\program files\sav in .xdb files.  I ran disk cleanup and compressed old files which freed up about 5 GB.

I then started researching what was downloading the xdb files.  I saw that they were dating back to almost 60 days ago and every day since.  Each file was approximately 100 MB. 

I looked at all of the Symantec products on their system and talked with the person who had updated Symantec Antivirus (SAV) to Symantec Endpoint Protection (SEP).  He asked me to check the scheduled tasks, and I discovered that there was a scheduled task that ran to download definitions to the old SAV program before they were upgraded to SEP.  I disabled the scheduled task and deleted the xdb files to finish cleaning up an additional 4 GB space.