Software Automation Developer (Future Availability)
About the Position
This position involves working directly with customers to develop customized processes using ActivityHD's automation interface. This includes automating processes entirely within ActivityHD as well as developing interfaces with third-party products and services, often via their web APIs. Valuable skills include:
- Willingness and ability to work directly with customers to help them improve operational processes.
- Enjoys learning details of software features in order to help customers make fullest use of them.
- Enjoys the challenge of solving difficult problems even when doing so sometimes requires working alone to find answers. We have an awesome, supportive team, but sometimes you must persevere and dig out the answers on your own!
- Effective, professional communication skills whether working with teammates, customers, or other third parties.
- Familiarity with Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) and VBScript.
- A working knowledge of accounting principles would also be helpful.
For over 40 years, AccountingWare has been developing accounting software. During this time our customer base has grown to include organizations across a diverse spectrum of industries. Our ActivityHD product includes general ledger, payables, receivables, fixed assets, purchasing, bank reconciliation, and payroll.
Tasks & Responsibilities
What would your work be like? A typical day could include:
- Designing and coding custom solutions to create automation bots and third-party interfaces.
- Collaborating with members of the support and implementation teams to help each other overcome roadblocks.
- Participating in Agile processes: daily stand-up meetings, sprint-review meetings, and participating with product teams.
- Troubleshooting with members of our support and implementation teams to understand and resolve customer issues.
If so, we are looking for people who will enjoy and enrich our company culture. These individuals exhibit character traits such as:
- You are a person of integrity. Our customers think of AccountingWare as their business partner, so anyone who joins our team must be conscientious, honest, and trustworthy.
- You love to develop software. On the best of days, programming feels like play more than it feels like work.
- You are tenacious. Even on the rare days when programming feels more like work, you are willing to dig deep to solve the problem.
- You are a self-starter. If you happen to have some down time while at work, you naturally use it to explore, learn, discover, and share fresh ideas.
- You enjoy being a member of a team. Sure, you like to go off on your own and work on a difficult problem, but you also like to be part of a group that accomplishes great things together, and you have interpersonal skills to communicate with team members and customers respectfully and productively.
While there is not an immediate openning for this position, we are always happy to meet good people with high personal values and notable skills.
If you like what you see here, please Apply Now. We'll look forward to hearing from you!