Registration for the new “.bank” domains is coming up soon. These domains could be prime Internet names in the future. A few quick notes: [more]
- Early “sunrise” registration will be May 18, 2015 with general availability on June 24th.
- Registration will be limited to domain names with corresponding trademark, trade name, service mark, or bank name.
- There will be a verification procedure to ensure these domain names are only issued to valid financial institutions.
- Banks should consider registering a trademark now to be able to register the associated domain during the sunrise registration period.
- Registration will be on a “first come, first serve” basis, so if a bank with similar names want the good domains, they need to register early.
- More information is available at https://www.ftld.com