IT User / Network Support
About the Position
A Network Engineer at CoNetrix should be an excellent problem solver, have good customer service skills, be willing to work as part of a team, maintain attention to detail, and have a passion for technology. As part of the CoNetrix Technology team, you will work with our customers to provide quality and timely installation and support of their IT environments.
Tasks & Responsibilities
Here are some examples of what you could expect to do as part of this position:
- Handle day-to-day IT issues for our customers
- Contribute to various network implementation and upgrade projects
- Perform routine maintenance for customer IT networks
- Work 8-9 hours per day for a 40-45 hour week with paid overtime
- Occasional after-hours work and regional travel is typical
To effectively perform this job, you should be able to:
- Walk frequently.
- Talk and listen on phone calls with customers and team members.
- Position yourself as needed to work around and beneath desks and equipment.
- Operate a motor vehicle to provide safe transport to customer business locations.
- Routinely move 15-25 lbs. to a height of 3-4 feet.
- Occasionally move 26-50 lbs. to a height of 3-4 feet.
If so, we are looking for people who will enjoy and enrich our company culture. These individuals exhibit character and professional traits such as:
- You have hands-on experience in Network and User support (knowledge of Fortinet, Cisco, VMware virtualization, Remote Desktop Services, or Citrix is a plus)
- You are conscientious, honest, and trustworthy. In a word you are a person of integrity.
- You feel a sense of accomplishment when you help other people solve their problems and achieve their goals.
- You are good at listening, speaking, and writing. Accurate and effective communication is a top priority for you especially when it comes to technical problems and solutions.
- You appreciate the benefits of working in a team environment.
- You are a self-starter, taking responsibility for your own work and education.
- You live in Lubbock, Texas or the surrounding area. Occasionally remote Network Engineer teleworker positions are available.
- You must be authorized for permanent work in the U.S.
- Better yet, you have current Microsoft, Cisco, or VMware certification(s) and experience with implementing and maintaining IT security solutions such as firewalls and IDS/IPS.
Does this sound like you? If so, please Apply Now. We look forward to hearing from you.
About CoNetrix Technology
Based in Texas, CoNetrix Technology provides information technology (IT) managed services, network support, and network design and implementation for businesses and financial institutions throughout Texas and New Mexico. Beginning in 1994, we have grown into a company supporting security-focused IT environments for our customers.
In 2008 the Aspire division was launched to provide secure and private cloud hosting for customers across the USA.