CoNetrix Security Support Technician (Full-time and Part-time positions)
About the Position
As part of the CoNetrix Security team, a Security Support Technician will perform tasks in support of projects that analyze complex IT environments from a security and compliance perspective. This will include using commercial and proprietary tools to obtain and evaluate customer information security protocols and vulnerabilities. The types of projects will include IT audits, vulnerability assessments, penetration tests, and cybersecurity consulting projects.
About CoNetrix Security
CoNetrix Security specializes in providing assurance testing and security consulting services to help organizations address cybersecurity concerns, defend against evolving threats, and maintain compliance with complex information security regulations. Dating back to 2001, CoNetrix Security has provided IT audits, vulnerability assessments, penetration tests and consulting services to community banks, credit unions, and other security conscious companies.
Tasks & Responsibilities
Examples of the task performed in this position include:
- Work with commercial and proprietary tools to conduct both internal and external vulnerability assessments in conjunction with our Audit and Penetration testing groups.
- Review policies, procedures, risk assessments, and resiliency plans along side our Information Security Consultants.
- Compare components of Information Security Programs against regulations, guidance, standards, and industry best practices.
- Conduct social engineering tests.
- Work with a team of Information Security professionals on innovative solutions to new challenges facing our team and customers in an ever-shifting environment.
If so, we are looking for people who will enjoy and enrich our company culture. These individuals exhibit character traits and skills such as:
- You are conscientious, honest, and trustworthy. In a word, you are a person of integrity.
- You like people and want to help them.
- You are good at listening, speaking, and writing. Yes, accurate and effective communication skills are essential for this position.
- You love to organize. "A place for everything and everything in its place," may be your mantra. You know where or how to find whatever you need.
- You are tenacious. You don't give up. You will be dedicated and creative when it comes to problem solving.
- Learning new stuff makes you smile. New terminology, new technology, new systems, etc. all energize you.
- You are a self-starter. If you happen to have some down time you naturally explore, learn, discover, and share fresh ideas to make our products even better. We encourage this!
- You live in Lubbock, the Lubbock area, or have ties to the Texas South Plains. This position is in our main office in Lubbock, Texas. Although some remote work is possible, working in the Lubbock office each week is required.
Does this sound like you? If so, Apply now. We'll look forward to hearing from you!