External Penetration Testing
A CoNetrix Penetration Test allows you to identify potential weaknesses within your network perimeter, whether
structural, technological, or procedural.
A CoNetrix Penetration Test includes an in-depth analysis using multiple tools and focuses on the following areas:
- Internet connections (scanned quarterly)
- Phone lines
- Scanning for thousands of vulnerabilities
- Perimeter strength using non-intrusive hacker utilities
- Wireless vulnerabilities
- Employee security awareness (Social Engineering)
In addition, we can customize a solution to fit your needs. Some common variations
- Internet Vulnerability Test
- Social Engineering
- Telecom Test
- Web Application Assessment
- Wireless Test
According to the FFIEC IT Examination Handbook, "High-risk systems should be subject to an
independent diagnostic test at least once a year. Additionally, firewall policies and
other policies addressing access control between the financial institution's network and other networks should be
audited and verified at least quarterly." (Information Security Booklet, p. 82)
Knowledge and Expertise:
- CoNetrix has conducted more than 900 different Penetration Test engagements since 2001.
- The CoNetrix staff has more than 500 years of accumulated information technology, network, and security experience.
CoNetrix’s security experts hold numerous security certifications, such as CISSP, SSCP, CISM, CISA, and other
Microsoft and Cisco security specializations.
The CoNetrix Difference:
- CoNetrix provides easy-to-read reports with findings sorted by associated risk.
- Reports include a detailed review with a CoNetrix security expert.
- CoNetrix offers comprehensive Penetration Tests, not just simple port scans.
- In-depth testing is performed using multiple tools from different perspectives.
CoNetrix Penetration Tests are much more substantial than an automated scan. Human perspective, observation, and
experience help identify vulnerabilities.